Bishop George V. Murry, S.J., Bishop of Youngstown, has accepted a request from parishioners and the pastor for a parish name change. Immaculate Conception-Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish has changed its name to St. Angela Merici Parish, effective by canonical decree dated March 6, 2012. The Parish is located at 397 S. Jackson St. in Youngstown. St. Angela Merici founded the Ursuline Sisters in 1535. The Ursuline Sisters of Youngstown served at both Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Conception schools. Because of her sense of hospitality and resilience in living the Gospel, the parish chose to honor her and the Ursuline Sisters by renaming the parish in this manner. The parish is the result of a merger of Immaculate Conception Parish and Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish, which took place January 9, 2011.